Friday, December 17, 2010

Student Teaching, What an Experience!


So for my Methods class this semester, I was able to teach three lesson plans that I created. I chose a second grade classroom at my son's elementary school. My cooperating teachers name is Mr. Pellegrino and he has been teaching for 28 years! What an experience. I was so nervous before I started and now I just want more! It is such a great feeling to have the kids excited about learning and how I, as a teacher, am presenting it to them. They were especially excited about a Webquest that I created on Animal Classification. I was worried that it would have many glitches, but the students are so advanced on computers already that it was flawless. I also did a lesson for the Social Interaction Model. It was really great to see the students get so into it. They really appreciated moving around and getting into groups. They also took the rules I presented to heart. As I walked around, they were showing such teamwork, even complimenting each other on their tasks. This is definitely something I will take with me into my own classroom!

1 comment:

  1. Heather,

    I'm glad to hear that your WebQuest went so well! Enthusiasm can be contagious, especially in an elementary school classroom. If you are excited and show enthusiasm for a project, your students will too. Did you find that there was one lesson that you preferred over another?

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete